Monday, May 14, 2012

Great Aunt Phoebe

  Hey there! Hope you all had a great weekend and a wonderful Mother's Day! I have one "furry baby" by the name of Abby who I love dearly! She is an Abyssinian Cat, 12 years young! Her and her sister, Rudy (who we lost last year to kidney failure), are in a slideshow on my sidebar.


  It's been awhile since I posted. Lost in my Family Tree! This photo was given to me by a cousin who I met on the internet a few years back. This is his grandmother, Phoebe (Chant) Newton, and his 2 uncles Frank & Reginald. Phoebe's brother George Chant, was my grandfather; dad's father. I posted George and Dorothy's wedding day layout a few weeks back, which you can see HERE. I'm also posting my heritage pages in a slideshow on my sidebar.
  This was great fun to put together. The papers are from K&Company Julianne 12x12 pad set. The ornamental fence die cut is Die-Versions (love this!). The birdcage on the right is Tim Holtz from the Artful Flight stamp set and the round cage is from Kaisercraft Le Chateau stamp set. I stamped them both on the same floral background paper; glued onto Grungepaper; cut out and glued on to the page. 
  The birds are from the Clear Art Stamps set, Bird Notes. Butterflies, bee and white flowers are from K&Company Tim Coffey Garden White Floral Dimensional Stickers. The big flower and smaller one on top of it, was cut from a page from the Julianne set and layered. 
  Charms are from Michaels. I also cut the background out of the photo and glued them onto Grungepaper to make them stand out a bit. The beautiful button is from a co-worker. She gave some of her mother's buttons. I added bling to the middle of it. 
  Martha Stewart "Punch Around the Corner" - Cherish set was used on the floral paper. Journaling was done on a journal stamp that I stamped onto vellum with Stazon Jet Black ink.


Some closeups:



  Getting ready to go to Florida next week. We have never been. Not big travellers. I have scouted out a couple of craft stores! 
  
This layout is entered in:
Simon Says Stamp and Show: Anything Goes

  Have a great week!
Get Inky!
Debbie
^..^

8 comments:

craftattack said...

Great LO and lovely old photos! Valerie

morkaren said...

Hvor er det et skønt LO, og dejligt at du ved hvem der er på det gamle vintage billede, det gør det mere personligt. knus morkaren.

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Hi Debbie
I love that you not only honoured your family with a beautiful LO but there is a beautiful touch of whimsy.
Gorgeous.
Wishes
Lynne

Candy C said...

Debbie...your piece is beautifully done. I love the vintage feel you have achieved with this wonderful old photograph and how you have surrounded it with such "vintage" elegance. I love your bird cages and the intricate fence. I think I may have to have that die cut!! :) All of your little embellishments work perfectly together. AMAZING! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Marjie Kemper said...

How beautiful, Debbie! Love the way you've included so much stamping o this page and yet still kept the focus on the photo. Have a wonderful trip!

Terry said...

This is a wonderful page! Talk about gorgeous details and what a great family photo! Those papers are amazing and I love how you framed the photo. Beautiful!

Sarah said...

Just fabulous - such a wonderful vintage image and those flowers are gorgeous - love the oft colours and layers with that pop of black from the fence...Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Sarah.

Kathy Eddy said...

Very well done and a gorgeous vintage layout. I love all of your details.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...