Monday, July 9, 2012

Birthday Field Flowers

  Don't know where the summer is going! Weather here has been gorgeous! I have been busy with other things and haven't had much time to stamp, however, I always have time to make cards for family.
  Courtney is my cousin through marriage, although she is more like a niece.
  Courtney's birthday is the day after mine and ever since she was just a little thing, we've had ice cream cake for our birthdays! Yesterday we celebrated our birthdays early, as she is going to be away for hers.
  A bit different than my usual cards, I think. This is the stamp I started with, Flower Fields by Stampendous:
  The base is watercolour paper, edged with Tim Holtz Tissue Tape and then with some DI Vintage Photo. I stamped the flowers on watercolour paper, tore, inked, then using DI's, coloured the flowers. Torn pages behind, were sprayed with Walnut Ink.
  Flowers are layers of pages from a book and sprayed with colours of Glimmer Mists. Sentiment is from Clear Art Stamps.
  More photos:

  This is the inside, left. The pocket is a small "bag", which I used to put her birthday money in. You can get these small bags at Michaels in the gift wrap section. Comes in Kraft colour too.


The inside, right. Sentiment is from my computer. 


And the back.


Entering this card in:
Simon Says Stamp and Show: Layered

   Have a fabulous week! We're going to see John Mellencamp tonight. Very excited! He's never played in Halifax before. 


Get Inky!
Debbie
^..^
  
Very excited! My card was selected TOP 3 in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Layered Challenge! Awesome news!

13 comments:

craftingcottage said...

Debbie your cousin is going to love this!!! I love how you made the flowers!

lynne said...

Hi Debbie
This is beautiful and as always, wonderful attention to detail.
Wishes
Lynne

2amscrapper said...

Beautiful card. Love the techniques used. Clever pocket idea!

soapHOUSEmama said...

This is SO BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love that stamp and really love how you have used it! The Simon Says Stamp & Show design team thanks you for participating in this week's challenge!

soapHOUSEmama said...

This is SO BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love that stamp and really love how you have used it! The Simon Says Stamp & Show design team thanks you for participating in this week's challenge!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A beautiful card, great details.

Marjie Kemper said...

What a gorgeous card, Debbie! I am loving how you dressed up the flowers... she will, too, I'm sure!

Trish Latimer said...

Love those flowers Debbie! Gorgeous!

Debi said...

Very Pretty Debbie and congrats on your Top 3, Debi x

Craft-aholic said...

Congratulations for making the top 3 on the layered challenge! Pretty card!

coconut said...

I really love your card, so nice !! And also congrats to be on the top 3!

Jeffy said...

Beautiful card !!!

Renee said...

I love everything about this card, down to the tag at the end! Congrats for being in the top 3. You deserve it. Enjoy your ice cream. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...