Saturday, June 1, 2013

It's On The Bag

  This month, The Stampsmith has a Guest Designer! Some of you may already know her and have visited her blog. She is so amazing! Her name is Paula, but you may know her as Ephemera! She will be with us for June, July and August. Very excited to have her on board! You will be amazed!
  Paula has picked the theme for June. Using at least one Stampsmith stamp with one (or all!) of the following: "Bag, Book, Box"I chose a brown paper bag and started the background with pattern paper, Mod Podge and Gesso, crepe paper, then layered all the different die cuts.

Stuff I Used:
- Serena #2 Stampsmith stamp stamped on glossy cs with ColorBox Mudslide
- Brown paper lunch bag 
- Everything (except image), was inked with Distress Ink Old Paper
- Gesso, Mod Podge for base
- Several die cuts from Cheery Lynn and Memory Box; layered
- Martha Stewart butterfly and hydrangea punches
- Hug Snug Seam Binding Ribbon inked with DI Old Paper
- Crepe paper or party streamer
- cheese cloth
- Skeleton leaves from The Cutting Garden
- Pre-made flowers I found in my drawer
- Tim Holtz Distressed Doily On the Edge die cut
- Tim Holtz "Wish" die cut on back of bag
- Natural colour raffia 
- Tim Holtz Reinforcers around the holes for the raffia
- No bling to be found! Very hard to do for me!

Some close-ups:









The side


Today is also Mike's birthday! I'll be posting his card probably tomorrow.

Get out your Stampsmith stamps and find a bag, box or book and make something special! You'll find all the details for this challenge at The Stampsmith Challenge Blog. Thanks for taking the time to visit! Appreciate every encouraging word you leave!

i made it myself!
debbie
^..^

14 comments:

2amscrapper said...

This is stunning--what beautiful softness and detail!

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful! Valerie

Ephemera said...

Hi Debbie, so looking forward to my time as guest designer at The Stampsmith, and thank so much for joining us at FSC with your gorgeous bag, just love it, so beautiful. xx

Ana K. said...

Absolutely stunning Debbie!!!

butterfly said...

Completely stunning, Debbie - this has taken my breath away! Serena looks gorgeous in rose, and the dimensional framing you've created for her is simply wonderful - big WOW from me!!
Alison xx

Janet Zeppa said...

Wow!!! You really transformed that bag! Gorgeous!

Janine said...

Wow, what a gorgeous vintage bag. It's so pretty!
Thanks for sharing it with us at Anything Goes.
Hugs, Janine xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A gorgeous altered bag, fantastic shabby chic. Thanks for joining us at FSC.

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous gift bag Debbie :-) the whole design is so very pretty :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

craftingcottage said...

As usual Debbie, this is out of this world beautiful!!! :D

Chris Warner said...

A beautiful and creative bag Debbie, well designed. Thanks for sharing it with us at Country View Challenges this month. Chris xxx

daqadoodles said...

Hello from another Debbie!
I found your site through Country View Crats, I love your bag! I don't have Serena yet, but she's on my wishlist for a while now.

I don't know (yet) who Mike is, but congratulations with his birthday!
I think I'll like your other projects as well, when I see the styles you mention in "It's all about me". Off to check them out now!

Debbie.

Rita said...

What a fantastic creation Debbie. I love absolutely everything about it. Hugs from Scotland. Rita xxx

inkypinkycraft said...

this is absolutely gorgeous , love all those soft and delicate layers and gorgeous use of the image x
thanks for joining us at country view crafts challenge x Trace x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...