Monday, November 18, 2013

Old Skates

  I made another folded tag. The other one I did is HERE. This was made for my crafty group card swap. It now resides with Karen! 
  Love this paper! It's from Kaisercraft Base Coat set. This sheet is very rustic, vintage. When I saw this stamp of a pair of old skates, at my local paper craft store, The Cutting Garden, I had to have it! The stamp is called "Ice Skates" by Stampendous. Not your typical figure skates, and I think that's why I love them!
 I paper pieced it, using off white paper with some DI Pumice Stone. I then stamped the skates on white glassine ; cut out ;wrinkled and glued on top to give the skates a "worn leather" look. Loved the look and feel it has. Added some white flock to the top of the boots and laced them up with baker's twine.
 The snowflake is made of 3 different snowflakes layered. The die is from Memory Box. Seam Binding ribbon was tinted with DI Weathered Wood and some Vintage Photo.





 The inside. On the left are mittens stamped with an old stamp I had in my stash; paper pieced. The right side has a an old photo frame sticker from K&Company, with a sentiment stamp from an old Hero Arts set with the same name. 


The back.

Entering this tag in:
1. Simon Monday Challenge: It's A Mystery
2. Sugar Creek Hollow Challenge #74 - Tags or Boxes
3. C is for Challenge: #10 Winter is Coming

Another week is ready to start! Hope it is a crafty one for you! Thanks for stopping by!


i made it myself!
debbie
^..^

9 comments:

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Bee-tiful ice skating Tag. I saw your tag at Simon Stamps Mon and had to stop by to see details & comment. Like the vintage look. This reminds me of the Tim Holtz look. I like how you laced the skates & added the fur. Not heard of white glassine. I have brown glassine. The Hobby Lobby here sells Stampendous stamps but I've not seen this Ice Skate stamp. Please stop by my blog. There are couple other challenges you can enter this in including Glitter N Sparkle Ch59 Tag It that you can see listed on my blog. I've been to parts of Canada including Ontario & Vancouver but not Nova Scotia. Hope to go there some day.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Janet Zeppa said...

What a beautiful tag/card Debbie! That skate image is gorgeous!

butterfly said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Debbie. I've been eyeing those papers, and I think you may just have pushed me over the edge! The skates look so fantastic with the lacing, the sheen on the steel and the glorious fluffy tops - really fabulous work. And the layered snowflake is the perfect finishing touch. Seriously - I'm in love with it!!
Alison x

Candy C said...

Debbie....I so love your folded tag. Your ice skates are darling and I love the simplicity of your project. The washed white looking skates against the brown background provide such an elegant vintage feeling. The layered snowflake is such a gorgeous embellishment, too. The interior is also so sweet. Thanks for sharing this with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. <3 Candy

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous folded tag Debbie. The skates are fantastic and I love how,you gave them an old worn weathered leather look too. The rustic backdrop is perfect for,showcasing your focal image. The interior is a lovely touch to an already creative piece. Thanks so much for,joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x

Anna Jasiolek said...

Love, love, LOVE this tag, this is so creative and so perfectly done! I would like to thank you for entering my ‘C… is for challenge’ blog and I wish you good luck in the draw.
Hugs,
Anna xxx

Cec said...

This is a fabulous idea - a tag that turns into a card. The image is wonderful and you have made it look so special. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
Hugs!
Cec

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

Wow! I've never even heard of folded tags before, but you've definitely inspired me to try them out myself! I adore the colors and vintage look you gave to your tag. It has a really beautiful winter look, yet it is totally unique and fresh. I'm so glad you shared this with us for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Anna-Karin said...

Beautiful folded tag!! Love the textures and all the special details. The ice skates are wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...