Saturday, November 9, 2013

With Sympathy...

  Sympathy cards can be difficult sometimes to make. I keep saying I will make some and put aside and I will have them when needed, but I never do. I think it's because it's personal and I tend to make them (when I do), with the person or family in mind.
  This was made for a family friend. My mother-in-law's best friend's sister passed away last week. My mother-in-law passed away several years ago, but her friend, June, still keeps in touch with us. 
  When trying to decide on what to make, I came across an old Stampin' Up! set I bought at my demonstrator's yard sale one year. The set is called "Pattern of Friendship" and one of the stamps is these 2 lovely ladies on a dress pattern. This reminded me of June very much; very vintage. Her and her sister were crafty; sewing, knitting, you name it! The papers are from the Pinkpaislee "Hope Chest" 6x6 paper pad set. I typed out the sentiment on my computer and then printed it out on vellum. 






The inside. I found the sentiment on the web and typed it in Word and then printed it on vellum.


Here are some other sympathy cards I have made in the past. I don't believe I posted them before:












Remembrance Day weekend. Time to pause and remember those we have lost and fought for our freedom.

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a word or two! Always appreciated!


i made it myself!
debbie
^..^


LEST WE FORGET

4 comments:

Yvonne Garner said...

A most difficult occasion indeed but your cards are most fitting and comforting. Have a great weekend!

Janet Zeppa said...

I agree that sympathy cards aren't something that you want to have to make but you did a great job with yours!

Gisele Grenier said...

I posted a comment and it disappeared, so posting again. Hope it doesn't get duplicated.

These are such beautiful cards and thank you for sharing.

Julie Mutch said...

Beautiful sympathy cards, Debbie. I especially like the first card. It will certainly be appreciated by someone who has lost a dear sister.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...