Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Danish Christmas


  Don't you love it when everything comes together, the stars are aligned and you get giddy because you found the perfect paper and image?!
  My friend Joan asked me if I would make a Christmas card for her son Alex's girlfriend, who is Danish. They are both living in Copenhagen, but Alex got a job in Ontario (Canada), and they are preparing to move.
  Joan wanted to send her a Christmas card with a Danish/Canadian flavour, because she is a little apprehensive about the move to Canada. Boy what a challenge!
  I found this postcard with this little fellow and Danish greeting, on the web. 
  He is Nisse, a Danish mischievous elf. I printed him off on glossy cs, and the then used my Sizzix Framelits Fancy Tags die cuts. This fabulous paper which had the right shade of matching green, is from my fav company, Authentique. This set is called "Festive"
  Snowflakes are Cheery Lynn ; 3 different flakes staked together with green Dew Drops. The doily die cut is Italian Flourish from Cheery Lynn. Ribbon is tinted with Distress Ink, Mahogany. 




The inside. Sentiment stamps are TH, and Hero Arts. As you can see, I added the Danish and Canadian flags in the heart.


The back.

 Hope you are getting all you shopping done, Christmas cards made and mailed! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a word or two! Muchly appreciated!


i made it myself!
debbie
^..^

2 comments:

Janet Zeppa said...

Debbie you did a fabulous job!! I love Authentique too!!!

butterfly said...

This is absolutely fabulous, Debbie! Great papers, and Nisse the elf is just adorable - mischievous though he may be... Love all those delicate die cuts too - just wonderful. I'm sure this will fit the (slightly tricky) bill!
Alison x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...