Sunday, May 18, 2014

Art Journal - Page 3

  I finally completed my 3rd page in my art journal! I saw this roller babe stamp (Life Is Fun by Suzi Blu), at The Cutting Garden and I had to buy her! 
  Spent half my youth at the local roller rink! I used a couple of lines from the 1971 song by Melanie, called "Brand New Key" ("I got a brand new pair of roller skates, you got a brand new key"), which I can't get out of my head now! She is paper pieced along with the flower. 
  This mixed media page has everything on it, except the kitchen sink! Used stencils, acrylic paints, washi tapes, rub-ons, you name it! Lots of fun!
 In case you missed the first 2 pages, here are the links: Page 1  Page 2




 The roller skate key is an image of a real key, I got off the web. Same with the ticket and words. The bricks are TCW stencil, called "Mini Bricks". I then stamped over top of them with a music background stamp. The circles are also from a TCW stencil, called "Well Round". Flower stamp is paper pieced. From the Fontwerks "Flower Power" stamp set.
 Black chalkboard heart is a sticker. Wooden hearts ink stained Victorian Velvet. And cheesecloth of course!


 One of my favourite stencils used here. TCW Mini Bubble Doily. I used modelling paste and added Gelatos to colour it here and there. I also stamped a word background stamp on top of it. 
 The owl, bird, pointy finger, crown, and words on left are all rub-ons. Had them for ages! Didn't know if they would work or not. Turned out great!

Entering this journal page in:
1. It's all about the Vintage: #68 Anything Goes
2. Shopping Our Stash: #151 Sing It To ME
3. Simon Monday Challenge: M (Mine is Mixed Media)

 Hope to start my 4th page! Love doing these pages! Hope everyone is having a great long weekend! Turned chilly here today.

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a word or two!


i made it myself!
debbie
^..^


My page was selected as a Top 3 favourite! Thank you so much!

10 comments:

Janet Zeppa said...

You got me singing it now too Deb!!
Such fun pages. You are so creative!!

Donna said...

Ohhhhhh Debbie!! Your art journal page is ALL kinds of awesome! I love all the different techniques and embellishments, so much to take in! I love it all! Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash for the "sing it to me" challenge!!

soapHOUSEmama said...

This is fantastic! There is so much to love... so much eye candy. Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

This page is absolutely amazing! I'm kind of glad I don't know that song, though, as it sounds dangerously addictive! :) I really love the whimsical vibe of your piece and was so impressed at all the different techniques you incorporated. This really did bring back so many fond memories of my own roller rink days. This is filled with great art and a sense of sentimentality that really did make me smile. You've got a great eye for combining rare and interesting elements. Thank you so much for sharing your talents with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

Jessi Fogan said...

annnnd now that song is on repeat in my head too! lol! This is so utterly cool, Debbie! The layers, the texture, the colours...absolutely fantastic!! So glad you were inspired to come play with us at Shopping our Stash :)

Anne Bente said...

It is super nice wawww ♥

Thanks for joining us at It’s all about the vintage and beauty♥

Valerie H. Wilson said...

This journal keeps getting more and more outrageously awesome!!! Your pages are brilliant!!! xo

lauren bergold said...

what an AMAZING and utterly awesome page! so much detail & artistry! :) thanks for singing along with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH! ♥

Chris D. said...

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! This journal page is all sorts of amazing!! There is soooo much eye candy on it and it all flows together perfectly! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

MinnaL said...

Cute ! Thanks for joining us at Vintage and Beauty -challenge :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...