Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pop Up Anniversary Card

  This was a lot of fun to make! I made this for Mike for our anniversary, which is today! 31 years! Wow! Where did the time go! 
  Papers are from the Graphic 45 Typography set, and a couple pieces from their Steampunk Spells set. Also used a lot of the sentiments and words from the Typography sheets; 12x12 and 8x8.
  The cool clipboard piece is from the Tim Holtz Mini Clipboard set. I cut it out on  Grunge Paper and inked it with DI Pumice Stone and Black Soot.


The 3 flaps, tops:
  I scanned our wedding matches and popped them up on the front on top of some cheesecloth. Added a Tim Holt pen nib.

The back:


The 3 flaps, backs. I have an elastic around it to hold the flaps up so you can see underneath. This gear paper is from the Graphic 45 Steampunk Spells set:




The 3 base sections. This one has our wedding invitation. I scanned it, and shrunk it to fit.



The insides. Used strips of acetate or plastic to attach hearts, etc.:

6.2.5 means: June 25th, the day we got married back in 1983

31 is for the number of years we have been married, as of today!

  I scanned in our wedding photo; shrunk it and put our heads under a piece of Tim Holtz Film Ribbon. The 3 little wood word stick pins, I found in my stash and were perfect for this project!

There is no bottom, so you can collapse it and mail it.

  This was a project I made in my monthly crafty group. Thanks to Melanie for her instructions! You can find instructions and videos on how to make this on the web, Pinterest and Youtube. Splitcoaststampers has a good video on this. They are also called explosion boxes, or explosion card.

  Hope you give it a go, if you haven't already! I will be making another one for sure! Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful creative week!

i made it myself!
debbie
^..^

5 comments:

Julie Mutch said...

Debbie, This is nothing short of amazing! I love it! What a great idea for an anniversary project! Happy 31st to you and Mike! :)

lynnesbowsandbelles said...

Happy Anniversary!
The detail is astonishing, I could sit and study this for ages. Love the fun colour palette - wonderful.
Wishes
Lynne

Valerie H. Wilson said...

Seriously, you're my crafting hero! This is so spectacular - I love how every little thing has meaning! Congrats to you both....
Hugs,
Val :)

Janet Zeppa said...

What a fun card!! I love seeing your invitation. Happy anniversary!!

Sandy said...

Outstanding!!!!!
Sandy xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...