Sunday, June 22, 2014

Scribbly Birds Card

"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. 
It sings because it has a song"

  New stamps! I LOVE this stamp set by Dina Wakely called, "Scribbly Birds". I made this card for my monthly crafty group for the card swap. It now resides with Carol! I drew Janice's name, and received a beautiful flora card. 
Paper set used on this card is from Theresa Collins "Vintage Finds" 6x6 pad.
  Added some doodle rub-ons from the Christy Thomlinson "Doodle Art Stitches" set. Lovely lace is from my local fabric store. Flowers are MS Hydrangea 3-in-1 punch and matching larger punch.The sentiment is also from the Scribbly Birds stamp set.
  I stamped the bird on white watercolour paper, then added Distress Inks; Stormy Sky and Spiced Marmalade. 
  I then spritzed with water, and dried with my heat tool. Added some pink chalk to cheek, and brown pencil to legs and beak. Popped him up with foam dots.
  I always like to add some Distress Stickles, Rock Candy to my flowers to give it a crunchy feel.
The inside. "Tweet. Chirp" also came with the Scribbly Birds stamp set.

The back



  This is the stamp set with all the other cute little birdies! For you locals, I got this set from Kim, at The Cutting Garden

Entering this card in:
Fashionable Stamping Challenge #75 Birds & Bees

  Hope you had a terrific weekend! On the verge of vacation! Can hardly wait! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a word or two!

i made it myself!
debbie
^..^



4 comments:

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Love this card must put this stamp set on my list list.

Janet Zeppa said...

So sweet!! Love the lace you added.

Esther said...

Love your super card ! Great vintage details and gorgeous stamping, those scribbly birds are so cute..Thanks so much for sharing with us at FSC.....Esther xx

Mrs.B said...

Brilliant card, love how you've given the little bird a vintage look! Great extra details too.
Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
Avril xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...